Friday, March 16, 2018

Chocolate Cassidy





      Today came the realization that our second youngest is going to be either a pro wrestler or a kung fu master. There I was sitting innocently on the bed watching Tom Hanks dance his way into America's heart on a giant keyboard, when suddenly a small hand grabbed me from behind. The pinpoint accuracy of the infantile fingers(which had nails that had been gnawed into points for maximum damage capacity) cut straight through my beard applying pressure to several points of my chin, causing me to throw my head immediately backwards into the pillow. I then heard a gnarling high pitched voice from behind say one word..."KISS"....I glanced upward to see something moving out of the shadows. It was a mouth half covered in saliva and chocolate and it was coming towards me at an accelerated rate of speed. An immediate wave of pride and terror swept over my body. Pride at the overall effectiveness of the take down and terror at what was about to befall me. I reached out, grasping for anything that might help me to stave off the impending doom that was moving ever closer. As luck would have it, a pink elephant toy was just inches away from my fingertips. Stretching with all my might I was able to retrieve the elephant and place him directly between me and the coming onslaught of the chocolate nightmare. Pinky the elephant took the brunt of the blow, his insides squeaking in horror, but he bought me enough time to collect the wipes from the nightstand and neutralize the situation. Today he goes into the wash, but tomorrow he emerges...a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment